ERP vendor selection is as much important as ERP software for successful implementation. ERP vendor is key player and play responsible role for your project. If your vendor is good enough to understand your business processes and able to match with the new integrated software, it means 50% work is done and project is going in right direction. The company must initially choose few vendors from vendors list. Before selecting the ERP vendor following things to be considered properly:
* Vendor's stake in the market
* Vendor's background, previous experiences, clientele will help you to analyze the suitable vendor for your organization
* Cost of implementation, acquisition, support and upgrade should not be very high
* Are business unit heads expected to contribute in the implementation initiative?
* Past implementation record of the vendor, especially in similar vertical with same software
* What are the technologies they are using?
* What is their experience in your vertical, will they have the good enough to understand your business processes?
* What are the profiles of their consultants, analysts or technical specialists who they will send for implementation?
* Check their past track record in project delivery
* What kind of risk mitigation plans and business continuity assurances do they offer?
* Their range of services and nature of the services offered by the implementation partner?
* Financial strength and long term goals of the vendor - This is important for the future support for the package implemented by vendor. If the vendor strength is not good they may sell off to another enterprise company and another company may interested in clientele only not support. In this case situation will worse.
Hope, I have discussed nearly all important factors which will help you in selecting right ERP vendor for implementation. Last but not the least integrated software qualifying criteria should be defined separately. You may read my article " things to consider for selection of ERP software".