SAP launched mySAP to provide solutions to the large business organizations. The software is featured to be scalable and provide complete solution to business enterprise. The open technology platform offers integration to SAP and non SAP products, and mySAP can provide end-to-end functionality, which is powered by Netweaver platform.
mySAP is a web enabled version of SAP and the solution provides software for finance, workforce and operations. Buyers can register to the mySAP marketplace to buy the software. The software provides additional features for organizations, where the buyers and sellers both can use interoperating mySAP systems.
mySAP can be implemented on R/3 and after implementation, R/3 will become one of the components of mySAP although mySAP can run without R/3 supports. This ERP provides modules such as Employee Relationship Management, Corporate Governance, Environment Health / Safety, Financial Supply Chain, Quality Management etc. which are integrated to Netweaver and Web application Server.
3. Web enabled application (which uses XML to work)
Four separate modules are provide in the software - Financials, Operation, Corporate Services and Human Capital Management. Some of the services provided through SAP NetWeaver are Enterprise Portal, Exchange Infrastructure, Business Information Warehouse and Supplier Relationship Management, Strategic Enterprise Management, E-recruiting, and Mobile Technologies.
User interface has been simplified and access to features has been made easy. Self-service (Employee self service and Manager self service) has been introduced to reduce administration cost.
1. Business cycles can be streamlined through purchase to pay and make-to-order features.
2. Internet sales can be enhanced through web application integration feature.
3. Corporate services are provided to centralize/decentralize services required for real estate management.
4. It is designed to provide a low total cost of ownership and to provide strategic plans to enhance performance of the company.
5. It can be integrated to Microsoft office productivity tools through the Microsoft - SAP joint development project.
6. Corporate compliance support is included in mySAP ERP financials.
7. Talent management and workforce deployment are included in human capital management and the software provides support to motivate human resource and maximize potential of the workforce of a company.
1. mySAP is considered too complicated and costly for mid-level companies. It is aimed to provide solutions to business organizations having revenue of more than a hundred million dollar and therefore, SAP introduced SAP Business one solution, which is designed for companies having revenue of five million dollar to hundred million dollar.
2. mySAP ERP runs on single preconfigured database. Its implementation takes a long time and sometimes, more than estimated resources.
3. mySAP and SAP Business One are competently different solutions in many ways. SAP Business One is a software solution of TopManage, an Israeli company and SAP bought it in the year 2002, to provide easy and quick solution to mid-level companies.