Microsoft Dynamics NAV provides ERP solutions for mid-size businesses (SME) and the software can be used by companies having employee from five to five hundred. The software suits the requirements of manufacturing units and distribution units.
The features of Microsoft Dynamics NAV include multi language provisions, multi location, multi-company and multi units feature. The software is most commonly bought by retail companies and small manufacturing units.
The software has modules such has Financial Management, Supply Chain Management, Human Resource Management, Project Management, Business Intelligence and Reporting, Manufacturing, CRM and Workspace Collaboration.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV is sold at a flat price and the price also depends on the set of modules which are called tiers. Tier-one is for basic financial management, tier-two includes reporting, manufacturing and project management, and tier-three has advanced management features and additional tools.
Microsoft has launched Microsoft Dynamics NAV, which uses a variety of techniques to provide flexibility to the user. Basically, the software Microsoft Dynamics NAV comes with high flexibility and customization options as compared to other Microsoft products.
1. It can be integrated to Microsoft SharePoint Server to get information from other locations. Office business application through SharePoint enables easy transactions to users outside the office. The users who are not in the office can use SharePoint to contact their office through the server. The software enhances employee's efficiency.
2. The software is easy to navigate and use.
3. High security is provided through various users' provisions. Log files can be checked to view the various modifications done by different users from their terminals in the main database.
4. User interface can be integrated to MS office features such as Word or Excel, and the user find it easy to work with the familiar interface of Microsoft. The software can linked to MS Visio, which allows easy workflow diagram, which enable you to see transaction flow.
5. The software can be integrated to other Microsoft software and the efficiency of the software is good. You can navigate through the software using a mouse or a keyboard or you can use both. Microsoft Dynamics NAV can be integrated to exchange data, Microsoft Biz Talk server and Windows Live Local Search.
6. SQL server database with Microsoft NAV allows proper functioning and scheduling of work and heavy data.
7. Reports can be defined by users and modified as per their requirements, and reports can be exported to software, which supports SQL cubes.
8. Microsoft Dynamics NAV comes with proper support and training. There are many authorized websites of the company, where you can search for queries and issues.
Although, the software is designed for five hundred users, but if you need a system to work with more than three hundred concurrent users, then it is not advisable to buy Microsoft Dynamics NAV. In such case, you can buy a large scale ERP such as Oracle, SAP or Microsoft Dynamic AX.