Microsoft Dynamics CRM focuses mainly on sales, marketing and helpdesks. The software is designed on .NET technology and it is one of the components of Microsoft Dynamics family which contains the four application software that includes the Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics AX and Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
Software is launched in four versions Workgroup Edition, Professional Edition, Enterprise Edition and Service Provider Edition. The first version of the software was released in December 2007 and the CRM is popular more with new customers.
1. The application provides web enabled service through IIS server, although the CRM online version has not been customized extensively, to retain the security features.
2. The version 4.0 provides multi tenancy, a provision which allows the server to create many companies on single server.
3. It has other features such as "XRM", which is an accelerator programme to improve the functionality of the software. The accelerator programmer enables automatic connection to social networks and mobile devices.
4. The software comes with powerful reporting tools and data import tools.
5. Microsoft Dynamics CRM provides customer entity relationships such as many to many, and self referential entities.
6. Plug-ins has been provided for call outs and web service had been improved.
7. Multi currency and multi lingual features have been integrated to the software.
8. The integration of Windows Live messengers and Microsoft Office Communicator is provided and provision for cloud computing through Microsoft Online service is also given. The 2010 version of the software is expected to have integration to WSS.
9. The software will have the query behind look ups features, sorting features line the Microsoft excel and ribbon interface where the menus can be disabled.
10. The software can be integrated to Microsoft Office and the sales reports can be created not only by the administrator but also by the users. Sales people can create their own individual quick campaigns and based upon the administration roles and user rights, the manager of the company can view the reports of the complete sales force. Through, Outlook the salesperson can anytime see the profile of a customer. High flexibility and integration to Outlook, web browser, SharePoint, MS Excel and Word and mobile device provides the salesperson with many beneficial supports.
11. The report to see the key performer and overall performance of the marketing team can be seen anytime and analysis showing the comparative performance can also be designed anytime. Mail merge provide easy communication options and software gives easy functions to designs product catalogue, generate price list or to provide discounts to preferred clients.
12. It is very easy to install and use the software.
1. The modules lack support for power dialling and voice messaging.
2. The provision to record sales message and to track a customer through the sales message is not provided in the software.
3. As compared to Siebel, Microsoft's CRM lacks some features but the company is trying to launch the latest version with some advanced features and facilities.