Intacct Accountings, headquartered in San Jose (CA), was founded in 1999 and the company owns an offshore development centre in Bangalore, India. Intacct Accounting is a leading provider of on-demand software solution. The solution has web-based accounting provisions and an easy to use supply chain, business intelligence and service automation modules. The software provisions can be accessed through user subscriptions and it provides features such as the multi -company operating units, where the accounting calculation of each unit is done at a different dashboard, which provides multi currency option, variable tax calculations options and changed regulations for each unit.
There are three types of solutions provided by the company. Intacct Xpress, Intacct Enterprise and Intacct Salesforce.com
Intacct Xpress is a solution for mid sized and small business units, and the solution provides web enabled features, SCM, BI and project management.
Intacct Enterprise provides solutions for large organizations, which has multiple units, franchises and operations. The solutions provides the multi entity management support to the businesses, where the units can be distinguished from each other and the processes at each unit is managed in a different currency system and as per changed rules and tax regulations.
Salesforce.com provides a solution to access on demand system, where the salesperson can view the back office information or customers can book order online.
The main modules of Intacct software include financial management, accounting, SCM, contract management, inventory, revenue recognition, purchasing, project management, vendor management and payroll.
1. The on-demand software is easy to use and deploy.
2. The feature allows the user to generate work flows and define business processes.
3. The customers can make benefits from the accounting software through the automatic web enabled provisions.
4. Customer support is strong and email support is provided 24x5.
5. It has a fast and easy to use user interface, which is aimed to provide simple solution to people who are new to accounting system.
6. A wide range of functionality has been incorporated in the accounting package of the company.
7. Customization is easy and the software gives broad capabilities and options for customization.
1. Intacct has not provided an integrated solution of accounting package with CRM, which is one of the biggest disadvantages of the solution. Automatic marketing and sales force management is not provided.
2. The company has an unstable background as it has replaced four CEOs in the short time span. Intacct is a private organization, which does not reveal the financial status and many consider the company is not a profit making organization.
3. Intacct only gives solution in Software-as-a-Solution (Saas) and it does not provide on- premise ERP or accounting software, so if you wish to shift to another type of accounting solution, you cannot use it.
4. Intacct's modules such as Manufacturing modules, SCM and HR modules are low in functionalities and may not suit the requirement of a large multifunctional organization.