In Feng Shui, the main purpose of using colours is to balance the energies. If you belong to an aggressive personality, you need soothing colours on the walls of your home and decoration should not be very bright, and if your personality is dull, you need to use vibrant colours.
1. The colors such as blue, white, green and purple are considered being the colours of Yin and these colours signify dreaminess and passive energies. The Yin energy is the energy coming from the soil and it moves upwards. The other colours of Yin include green and pink.
2. The Yang colors include yellow and orange, and theses colours indicate fire and wood elements. Brown, beige, maroon, lavender and red also belongs to Yang colours.
Various colors have different meaning in Feng Shui and you can use the following tips to use different colours in your home:
1. Blue is the color of peace and trust. Keeping blue colour fish is considered very auspicious because it signifies god's blessings.
2. Black is the color of money and income. This colour is good for career and emotional protection.
3. Purple is the color of mental healing and awareness.
4. White is the color of confidence and purity.
5. Red color is considered very lucky in China, but there are many who consider yellow is more powerful than red. It is advised to have red on the front door of the house to call in good luck and yellow is a beneficial imperial colours.
6. Green is color of freshness, growth and new energy.
7. Pink symbolizes sweet and it improves relationship.
8. Orange in dining room can be used if you have many dinner parties at home because it is the colour of energy and communication and you can arrange successful dinner parties using this colour.
Light colors are good for boosting up energies and dark can be either good or bad depending on the color. Aggravating colours is not good for people, who suffer from high blood pressure.
1. Living room: You can use green color on the walls of the living room. Green is good to have peace in the home and soft orange is good to unite all the members of the family.
2. Dining room: The dining room can be painted in green as it will make the food attractive and appetizing, and you can even use blue to bring in the feeling of trust and to relax the family members. You can even use orange in the dining room, if you organize many parties.
3. Kitchen: Kitchen wall should be painted in white because it will enhance creativity, and you can even use orange on the walls of the kitchen.
4. Children's room: Green and blue color are good for children because green is for growth and blue is for rest. Using bright yellow can make the little ones cry more, so you can avoid the use of orange or yellow in baby room.