To succeed in life, one should have a clear thinking of the future goals and to think properly, you need harmony. Peaceful environment is also required for good health and relationships. Feng Shui advises to de-clutter rooms to make everything clean and allow chi to flow into the house.
1. The room should be filled with natural light. Darkrooms should be avoided. The curtains should be in light colours and windows should be opened to allow fresh air into the house, which reaches all the rooms of the house.
2. All room of the house belongs to one of the five elements, that is, water, fire, wood, metal and earth. You can keep various Feng Shui objects in the rooms to match its element type. For example: The kitchen belongs to the wood types of element and wooden wind chimes can enhance the energy of the room.
3. The main rooms including the bedroom, kitchen and bathroom should be designed in appropriate directions, because all the three rooms affect your health.
4. The doorway or the stairs in the front of the door should not be spiral and it should allow fresh energy into the house.
5. The rooms should not be painted in colours such as red.
6. Having the home close to office and in the front of your office is considered good in Feng Shui.
7. Having the working desk on the front of window can be distracting. Even if you are working in kitchen, window should not be present on the front of the stove. Keeping red flowers or a red candle on the top left of the working desk brings financial success. The bed room should be separated from the working room. You should not work in your bedroom.
8. Clean your home/office regularly. You should never keep the home or office cluttered. Broken vases, broken items, pointed items in any room is considered dangerous and it causes loss of positive energy. No area of the house or the office should be neglected. Unused items should be removed from the house, and drawers/cabinets should be cleaned. Giving away used items for charity is considered good.
9. Maintenance of exteriors of the house is also important. The exteriors of the house should be clutter free and you can have wind chimes on the front door.
10. The sound of bells is considered positive sound in Feng Shui. The sounds of tingle and chime or mantras are good for peace.
11. The dark corners of the house should be regularly cleaned to cleanse the aura of the house.
12. Safeguard your home from evil eyes. You can remove the evil eyes from your house by burning incense or by performing religious activities. Use of sea salt water for cleaning the floor can be done to remove the evil eye from your house.
13. Trees and plants are good source of environmental energy and it helps you to reduce the negative effects of the substances around you.