Feng Shui plants provide life giving wood element to the residents of the house and wood is one of the vital five elements of Feng Shui. Plants give Yang energy, which protects the residents from mid day Sun. Some plants are called Yin plants and these can grow in shades such as ferns, hellebore and woodland cyclamen. Feng Shui garden can have tall trees and the low lying bushes of flowers. The most preferred Feng Shui plants are that have heart shaped, round thick leaves. Plants bearing fruits and flower indicate longevity in Feng Shui.
1. Goosefoot plant: The goosefoot can clean your living area. It is scientifically called Syngonium Podophyllum, and there are five lobes in the leaves of the plant, which represents the five element of Feng Shui.
2. Dwarf Banana: It has green leaves, which indicate riches.
3. Golden Pothos: Golden pothos is also called Devil's ivy and can tolerate a range of light conditions. The scientific name of pothos is Epipremnum aureum, and it is a kind of climber, which resembles a money plant.
4. Peperomias: You can find many shapes and colours in Peperomias, but this should not be over watered, otherwise, it will die.
5. Money tree: The Jade plant or the money tree is called Crassual Ovata. This can grow inside the house and it has beautiful flowers.
6. Money plant: It is most commonly found plant at homes and offices is the money plant, which has heart shaped leaves. Its botanical name is Philodendron scandens, and it can grow indoors. It is a creeper and it needs both sunlight and shade to grow properly. The money plant should not be allowed to dry without water, or it should also not be allowed to over grow to prevent good energies.
7. Peace Lilies: Peace lilies is said to clean air. The botanical name of Peace lilies are Spathiphyllum Wallisii and it cleanses the air from formaldehyde. The chemical is, commonly, found in plants and chemical substances. You can find peace lilies in many colours such as green or white.
8. Bamboo: Lucky bamboo tree is scientifically called Dracaena Sanderiana, and it can grow in low maintenance conditions. It brings Chi energy in the house. Lucky bamboo can live long.
1. A plant can be kept in the corner of the house, which gets negative energies.
2. Plants can reduce anxieties and stress of the person living in the house, but these should not be kept in bedroom.
3. Feng Shui does not consider thorny Cactus or bonsai good because thorny plants cut the positive energies and Bonsai reduces the growth of an individual. Some of the thorny plants, which should be avoided, are snake plant, palms and roses.
4. Plants that grow downwards are inauspicious in Feng Shui because these hinder your growth.