Mirrors are very important in Feng Shui as it helps in removing negative waves from your space and the in turn, it helps you to have more positive energies. These have been used in Feng Shui to remove many problems in one's life. To have a smooth life, their location and size should be appropriate. Mirrors attract space to your place and show you your own image and hence, you need a clear picture of yourself. It indicates the clarity of mind.
1. To eliminate negative energies from your house, you can use a mirror to face the negative area of your house and it reflects away the negative energies, out of your house. If you have something in your house, which is disharmonious or irregular in shape, you can use the Feng Shui mirrors to remove it from your house.
2. Mirrors are also used if the ceiling of a house is very low. These are used to make the ceiling appear high and the pushing effect of the ceiling does not affect the person living in such a house. Their placement is also very important and if you are using the mirror for a low ceiling, it should be held above the head level.
3. If you have machines in your bedroom, you are advised to keep mirrors close to the machine to remove the negative waves of the machines from the bedroom, but these should not be placed facing downwards, otherwise, it will have disturbing effect on you.
4. It is considered that small mirrors can cut your positive image. These should always be bigger than the image of the person because it allows a person to think properly and helps in balancing the brain.
5. You can use mirrors to enlighten your dark room or you can use them to bring in sunlight to your kitchen. Mirror behind the stove enhances wealth and mirror on the ceiling of the kitchen, inform the cook standing with his back on the door, about the person coming into the kitchen.
There are many different types of mirrors used for bringing in positive natural energy.
1. You should use full reflection mirrors and avoid spooked type, which shows your reflection like a ghost or brings in insecurities.
2. Hanging mirrors, especially, two hanging mirrors facing towards each other can bring in ancestral memories and insecurities. Tiles in mirrors or distorted type bring in confusion and break ups in energies.
3. Mirrors should reflect good areas of environment to enhance the positively of good things.
4. Shapes of mirrors are important. Square and rectangular shape are used for balancing energies, octagonal shape bring in power and circular shape are used for unity.
5. Bagua mirrors help you to get positive energy, but these are very powerful and they should not be kept inside the house. These can deflect poison arrows and the negative energies of pointed substances around a building or an office can be reduced using them.