The front door is the mouth of the home and it should be beautiful and clean to allow fresh energy into the house. The direction of front door of a house, mainly, depends on your Feng Shui astrological sign, which depends on your birth date. If you do not have a main door or entrance in proper direction, you can place some decorative objects on the front door, to attract "chi" inside your house. Basically, in Feng Shui, the direction of the house depends on the main entrance of a house, which is the place where you have the open door or window, which opens to a busy road or garden or the opening that allows maximum energy into the house.
Size of the main door: The size of the entrance of the house should be proportionate to the overall size of the house. If the house has a big entrance, the "chi" will suffocate the house, but if the door is too small, the residents will not get enough energy and will face health problems.
1. It should not face a big tree or pointed object such as electricity poles or lamppost.
2. The main entrance should not open to the road, which connects to the highway by a short straight road.
3. The corner of the neighbour's house or the chimney should not be point towards the entrance of your house.
4. The entrance of the house should not be smaller than the entrance of the house constructed on the front of your house.
5. There should not be any cliff around the entrance and there should not be any gap between two houses in the front of the main door.
6. The outside of the house should not face the curve of a busy road or buildings or the rivers.
7. The entrance of your house should not be in front of garbage or railway track or building that reflects lights.
8. You should not have a big rock or obstructing object, in the front of the main entrance.
9. The back door should not be visible from the front.
10. The stair case should not be close the main door.
11. Windows should not be in line with the main entrance door.
12. Bathroom, kitchen stove, fireplace or bed should not be visible from the entrance of the house.
1. The front door should have enough space to allow opportunities into your life and if you have a wall directly in the front of the front door, you can use mirrors, to increase the space.
2. You can hang wind chimes, lights, crystals, plants or statues close to the front door, if the front door is straight on the line with back door or bed or toilet.
3. Front door close to the living room enables the house owners to take help from the visitors.
4. The wall of the front door can be painted in attractive colours to attract good fortune.