The bed is the main attraction of a bedroom and it should be placed in the King's position in the bedroom. But to have the king's position, you do not need to buy a king size bed. If you are buying a bed, you should be cautious not to buy a big bed that covers more than thirty to forty percent of the room.
There are many other things, which are necessary, if you are planning to buy a bed for your bedroom or if you wish to deck your bed.
1. It should be placed away from the entrance of the room and you can buy bed, which has headboards attached to it because headboards make a bed stable and ideal.
2. It should not be placed under a window because when you want to rest on such a bed, all your energies will flow out, through the window, but if you cannot move it away from the window, you can buy a bed, which has a strong headboard, which gives your personal energy and protection, but the headboard should not be placed in the front of the window to block the chi coming into the room. It can be placed at a small distance from the window to allow easy flow of "chi".
3. It should be placed in a way to have a supporting wall on one side, from where you can see the entrance door of the room.
4. It should have equal space on both sides to have space for both the partners.
5. If you are keeping furniture close to it, you should place the larger ones to the left and smaller ones to the right side of the bed.
6. The front of the bed should be clean to allow flow of energy into the room.
7. You should use soft light in your bedroom. You can make use of dimming light or table lamps, which have low light provisions and the control of such electrical lamps, should be designed close to the bed to allow easy use.
8. The feet should not be facing the door of the room because it indicates outflow of chi from your room.
9. Your head should not be face north, when you sleep.
10. The bed should not be lined with door or windows. If you have two windows opposite to each other or door and window symmetrically opposite in bedroom, it will cause the chi to quickly flow out of the room.
11. It should not have storage spaces and you should not keep anything under it because it blocks the flow of positive energy.
12. The closet in the bedroom should have properly arranged items to allow easy sorting or tracing of items, when you need them.
13. If you have bathroom close to it, you should kept the door closed. Open bathroom doors can drain the chi present in your bedroom.
14. Do not put mirrors opposite to it.
15. There should be no beams or overhead cupboards, over the bed.