Feng Shui is a Chinese belief, in which, the relationship between human being and environment is used to improve the lives of people. The architecture of the building can be defined in many ways in Feng Shui. There are many buildings that are considered good for money, but not good for health or relationship. There are many different types of classification of buildings and houses in Feng Shui. A good looking house can attract buyers, but if it is not designed on "chi" balancing principles, it can attract misfortune to the owner. From site selection to design the building, many things are considered in Feng Shui.
1. The direction of compass is studied to get the best personal direction.
2. The site should have good light and sun, water and the soil should be fertile.
3. The direction of winds is also studied to see the properties of the site.
4. The main thing needed in Feng Shui architecture, is the balance of the five elements.
5. The shape of the house, building or site should be Regular Square or Rectangular. Irregular shapes are not considered good.
1. Regular shapes and symmetrical sizes of the rooms are good for a building.
2. Having even number of symmetrical windows or doors on opposite walls is not considered good in Feng Shui because symmetrical doors allow the positive energy to move out too quickly.
3. The ceiling should be high but not too high. Building having high ceiling looks good but in Feng Shui, the place that has high ceiling cannot be cosy and the person living in such house will not have proper sleep.
4. Beam can be good for the design of building, but in Feng Shui beams are not considered good for health and relationship.
5. Odd shaped rooms are not good because it causes concentration problems.
6. There are many houses, where you can see the backyard from the gate, but the houses having such designs are not considered good in Feng Shui.
7. The staircase should not be spiral and stair steps gap should not be much, because it represent outflow of money.
8. Windows should open outside and windows that slide up down should be avoided. Too many windows are not good because it causes disagreement in house, but if you have too many windows in your house, you can use hanging chime to block energies from going out of the house.
9. The door of a house should be built strong, and its size and shape should be proportionate. Back door and front door should not be in a line because it means all the positive energy flows away from the back door.
10. The living room should be big, but it should not be high above the other rooms of the house because it will attract the positive energies to attract the guests of the house.
11. Kitchen should be located next to the dining room and the toilet should not be placed in the north, which is the career zone of your house.