Epicor provides solutions in ERP, SCM, Retail Management, Service Management, HCM (Human Capital Management), IT Service Management, Service Oriented Architecture, Professional Service Automation, Risk Management and Governance. The software Epicor is designed mainly, for manufacturing units, distribution, retails business and service sector.
The company was one of the first companies to launch the accounting and ERP solution based on SQL Server, and the initial product launched by the software was successful but the software suffered from poor support and problems in distribution model. Most of the clients of Epicor are in North America and the company also has business partners in Australia and Pacific region. The main attractions of Epicor are its multi currency features, localization and multi-company.
1. It offers high scalability and flexibility to buyers.
2. It has gained market because of its comparatively low price and a high customer satisfaction. It claims to provide a low total cost of implementation.
3. The enterprise resource planning solution is designed for midsized companies. The enterprise solution of Epicor was awarded for gaining a high features and the solutions suit the requirements of certain industries. The modules include production management, sales management, planning and scheduling. The software has features for multi locations and multinational companies.
4. The supply chain management solution is designed to provide warehouse management and supplier relationship management.
5. The retail software of Epicor has many features. Some attractive features are point-of-sale (POS), planning, merchandising, CRM, cross channel order management, loss prevention, business intelligence, product lifecycle, helpdesk, learning, audit trails, financial management and operation management.
6. The solution includes global business management, project management and ICE –Business architecture. The project management module includes a bid management system. Strong support for bi-directional integration to Microsoft Office is provided. The users can see the resource performance and the software provides visibility to take decisions to hire new staff. Complex contract management module includes the third party arrangements. Complex billing and WIP management is also provided.
7. The service module can help to predict improvements in a project and to improve the efficiency of the project.
8. Professional service such as close loop solution for winning business and staffing has been provided. The provision for filling IPO and to manage the growth of the enterprise is also provided in the features of the software.
9. Epicor outsourcing module includes application hosting and application management. System assurance, help desk management and business process outsourcing is also provided.
Epicor has launched solutions to meet the requirements of the changed market after recession. The company is offering software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution for retail businesses. The SaaS will be developed, implemented and maintained by the company and the solution will be directly delivered to the retail stores. The solution includes merchandising, CRM, stores management, audit operation and planning.
Epicor is mainly designed to meet the requirements of North American buyers and customer from other parts of the world, may not find some features as per their needs. The VAR channel strategy of Epicor is not much approved.