Charismatic leader has Charisma, which provides vision and sense of mission, instills pride, gains respect trust. This type is called Transformational Leadership. They change or transform the entire situation. They have some wonderful characteristics. They have great self confidence; they have total confidence in their judgment and ability.
They have clear vision, they know their goal and stick to that. They are able to make clear and state the vision in terms that are clear to others. This expression demonstrates an understanding of the followers' needs and, hence acts as an inspiring force. They have strong conviction about vision and willing to take on high personal risk, incur high costs, and engage in self-sacrifice to achieve their vision.
Charismatic leader behavior is extraordinary. Those with charisma engage in behavior that is perceived as being novel, eccentric, and counter to norms. When successful, these behaviors evoke surprise and respect in followers. They are perceived as agents of fundamental change rather than as caretakers of the status quo. They are able to make practical assessments of the environmental constraints and resources needed to bring about transform. Charismatic leadership motivates the entire organization to deliver optimum result.
Charismatic leader has other traits along with Charisma. Few Tips -
- Empower inner self - Charismatic leaders speak to their mind and always empower their inner self.
- Be slightly weird- Effective leaders have their own approach to do works or tasks
- Embrace compensation - Everyone likes money, but successful and charismatic leaders can chat about it
- Focus carefully - They are able to manage more than 2-3 things at a time because they are able to filter out irrelevant information and focus on important issues
- Speak openly - They speak what they believe
- Keep update on the latest developments - Charismatic leaders know the latest jargon and trends